Signing Up and Purchasing Sequences
Fill in the form, then go back to the Welcome page.
Go to the Store, and select your lessons by clicking Add to Cart.
Then go to the cart with a click on the green link on the left (BUY).
Once you have made your selection, you can pay through the Paypal secure system.
After receiving a confirmation email , you can go back to Medabrim.
Your lessons will be at the bottom of the list. Enjoy them by clicking on Start.
Watching and Listening to the Comic Strip
Each panel of the comic strip is an independent unit. You may switch between panels by clicking on the arrows at the bottom middle of the screen: Next, Previous, Replay, End, or Beginning.
Located on the right of these five arrows, the Subtitles button allows you to switch the subtitles on or off.
At the bottom left corner you will find, from left to right:
- A Volume button
- A button that allows you to Restart the Strip
- A Menu of all available exercises
- A link to the Glossary, where you may look up new words, hear them pronounced, and review all of the words used in the text.
The top right button can be used to exit the sequence at any given moment and to move from one sequence to another, or to return to the Medabrim homepage.
Every verb appearing for the first time in the dialogue is colored in blue. By clicking on the verb you may hear it pronounced again, look up its meaning, and bring up a full conjugation table. Verbs belonging to set phrases are not conjugated.
Once a comic strip has been played to the end, it will appear in its entirety on the page. You may navigate from panel to panel by using your mouse. The images can be enlarged or reduced by clicking on the magnifying glass located in the middle.
We suggest that you first make use of the subtitles and the glossary and then restart the comic strip until you no longer need these aids in order to read, listen to, and understand the dialogue in real time.
At the end of the comic strip, a button will flicker on the right-hand side of the screen. Click it in order to access the exercises. Medabrim offers the following:
- Multiple-choice comprehension quizzes
- Memory drills
- Crossword puzzles
- Vocabulary enrichment by linking together words that share the same root (a common feature of Hebrew)
- Sentence completion tests
- Multiple-choice translation exercises (from English to Hebrew)
- Finally, the dialogue exercise offers a whole new experience of communicating in Hebrew with the virtual characters of the comic strip by recording your own voice! In order to complete this exercise, you will need a microphone headset, which may be purchased on Amazon. Alternatively, you may use your laptop built-in microphone.
Proceed from one exercise to another in the suggested order by following the arrows at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, you may choose which exercise you wish to focus on by clicking the Menu button on the bottom left corner.
Once an exercise appears on the screen, make sure to read the instructions colored in blue at the top of the page.
In order to improve your pronunciation and memory skills, take care to read and/or listen to the entire text. Do not click directly on the right answer.
A chime is used to indicate whether your choice is correct. Do not hesitate to return to the dialogue (by clicking on the Restart button) in order to locate the answer to one of the questions, or to consult the glossary.
Whenever possible, read everything out loud. The texts contain no vowel signs because every word is pronounced in the glossary.